Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bathroom remodel

Before:
The basement (now master) bathroom.  It's an awkward shape with no counter space, no storage and whiter than white- with the exception of that ugly brown mirror.




 After:
I went bold with the walls.  These pictures don't do it justice due to the camera flash. I LOVE the color. I think it's awesome. We replaced that ugly brown mirror. We got a matching bathroom set from IKEA. That thing (I don't know what to call it) has toilet paper and other, ahem, bathroom products in it. 
 This shelf fit perfectly in that random nook.  
It took 3 trips to JC Penney to finally decide on the towels I wanted.  Looking back, it would have been more time and cost effective if I had bought every towel in the store, brought them all home and then returned the ones I didn't like. (Matching cloth baskets from IKEA)
 I bought this tiling was on a whim. I was in Lowe's and I though "I really like that tile and I know just where to put it!" Then we got a big mirrored medicine cabinet to hang above it. (The row of candles are also from IKEA on sale for $1)
 Super shag rug from IKEA- $40. I love it. 
 Quick shot of Mike installing the tile.

3 comments:

Greg and Alysia said...

I love what you did! We need to put some tile up in my bathroom above the shower, maybe you can help inspire me when you come out here next year. :)

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

That looks great, Robin! The blue color definitely fits you. Great choice!

pat said...

I love it. You are doing a great job. Can't wait to see it, in person.