Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend on the NC Outer Banks


We got invited by some cool friends (See: 'My Favorite Family' on my bloggin' friends list) out to vacation on the outer banks this weekend. They knew where we could rent a house for $50 a night. Can you believe this house?? We had the upstairs to ourselves and free range of the kitchen, pool and pool table!










This is the bridge out to the beach.
And the view from the top.


















Weston playing with dad at the beach. He was much braver with the water on this trip. In fact, we had to pull him back a few times.
































A fun site on the outer banks are light houses. This one is the Bodie Island lighthouse- inside and out.

















This is the harbor in manteo. They had a big 'to-do' for the 4th of July. The 3 of us hung out for the early festivites and then headed back to the house where we had a perfect view of the fireworks, but we were far enough so Weston didn't get too scared. I wish I had a picture of his face while watching the fire works. His eyebrows were up as far as they could go, his eyes were as wide as could be and his mouth hung open!




























Saturday afternoon I tried to get some fun shots at the beach. Here are a few of my favorites.




























4 comments:

Vanessa said...

F-U-N!!!!!! Ahh...that is a GREAT deal...even for a hotel now-a-days! I'm so glad that he loved the fireworks! I love little boys and their daddy's...so cute! He's getting to be such a big boy! (weston, not mike!) :) loving the blog robin! catch up with ya soon!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love those lighthouse pics, they are great. I think lighthouses are so nifty. And seriously....$50?! That is incredible! And a beautiful house!

Unknown said...

Awesome deal and great photos! Looks like lots of fun. Robin, I copied your widget - Squeal! hehehe :)
Love the then and now pics of Weston too.

Lisa said...

Wow! Great pictures. Those places I think I'll only see in pictures, but never for real for myself.