Friday, February 6, 2009

It's a....


So we made a family outing of going to the ultrasound this morning. Mike took the morning off and we brought Weston along so he could see the baby in mommy's tummy. (I still don't know how to explain to Weston that there is a baby in mommy's tummy without him thinking I ate a baby. I guess we are just going to have to head to the library and check out some books on the subject.) For now, we just don't make a big deal out of it. We still have a while before baby arrives.
So, even though I have always been envious of moms that have all boys, I really thought this one was going to be a girl. I was right when I guessed Weston was a boy so maybe I thought I had a gender-guessing gift. Now I actually have to get out of the habit of calling the baby her. And on top of that, she had a name and I had the whole baby's room decorated in my head. So, I am back to square one, not knowing what to name him or how to decorate the room (This may not seem important, but trust me, it is a necessity. The room needs to be painted.)
So time to focus on all the reasons I wanted another boy (I was hoping for a boy, just expecting a girl). I LOVE that Weston is going to have a younger brother -or rather, that younger brother is going to have Weston for an older brother. I am thrilled that they are going to be born the at same time of year, so I have all the clothes in the right sizes for the season, not to mention perfect sizes on Halloween costumes! I can not imagine how small this house would get if we filled it with girl stuff.
So YAY for our family! It's a boy! Please send baby name suggestions! I'll send a prize to the winner.
Having another boy made me think I should post this short video I got of Weston last week.

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

hmmmm how about drawde, nelluc....

The Clews Crew said...

Congrats again!! And earlier on facebook when you told me I was wrong in my guess and I said, "Ahh man." I meant ahh man I was wrong and not ahh man you're having a boy. Just had to clarify that. Sorry, I say things without thinking about how they might come across sometimes. Anyway, I can't wait to see this lil guy and how much alike or different he and Weston are. And the video....hilarious....that's Robby. Little streakers. And now I've written you a novel. :)

Afton said...

Hey congratulations! Yeah! It's so great to have the same gender right next to each other so they can be best friends! I'm so happy for you. He's going to be so cute, just like Weston. That video is hilarious! Hey, maybe you could name him Chris and return the naming favors! Ha ha. It is a good name though :). I really like the names Beau and Joseph and Wayne. Good luck!

Vanessa said...

hey there! boys names are hard, but I do love having two boys back to back, taelin sure feels the heavy load of two older brothers tho! They will fight like crazy, and play and love even harder. boys will be boys, right? Boy names are super hard. Carter, Dallin, Ethan, I agree wtih Afton, Chris is cute. We like Ty, Reece, and George (not really, just couldn't think of the last one we liked) see, boy names are hard!
good luck!

p.s. safari stuff is cute for a gender neutral room if you want, i just did one and it turned out boyish cute, but could twist it neutral.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Yay for a boy! I think it is so great to have two of the same gender in a row. Names-- Well, it has to be great enough to go with Weston. I like Hayden, Parker, Jameson (like Lisa's). I also really like Luke.

Tisha said...

yeah!! congratulations! that is so exciting! it WILL be so fun for Weston to have a little brother- Adley is jealous (he's dying for brothers)!! and what a plus to be able to perfectly pass down the clothes too!! yeah for that!

Tami and Aaron said...

Congratulations!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!! Yah for boys!