Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mike vs. Dinner

Weston shouldn't be the only one who gets funny stories told about him.  

I hurt my back yesterday and didn't want to stand and cook dinner.  So Mike volunteered. 

On the Menu: Beef Stroganoff -from the packet.  Straight forward directions: Cook beef in oil, add one cup water and packet seasonings, simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and add 1 cup sour cream.

I went into the kitchen to see how it was going.

In the frying pan: Beef in one cup water, a cup of sour cream plopped on top and Mike is measuring out a tablespoon of oil to add to the mix.

Me: What are you doing?
Mike: Just following the directions.
Me: That's the ingredient list.  The directions are down here.
Mike: Oh,,, Well now what do I do?
Me: *laugh* I don't know....



Note: Dinner did turn out just fine.  Thank you sweetie. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehe. I saw this on facebook but how exciting to know that it actually turned out!! Mike is a creative genius - Rewriting and challenging the cooking rules for beef stroganoff!

Afton said...

Ha ha! Sounds like something I would've done not too long ago. You guys are so funny! Good job Mike.