Monday, March 9, 2009

skinned knees


Isn't there a saying about little boys and skinned knees? Weston had a bad combination of lack of sleep and the concrete porch (daylight savings gets us all, baby). He ended up with some pretty banged up knees over the weekend. I just have to remind myself that it's all part of being a boy.




More updates on Weston:




His new favorite phrase is, "You ready daddy?" or "You ready mommy?" So for fun, Mike started asking Weston "You ready, Weston?" and Weston responded with "Yeah, I'm ready Daddy".

Whenever Weston accomplishes something he has been working on like climbing up the slide or getting a big bite of food on his spoon he proclaims as loud as possible: "YOU DID IT!"


I took Weston to a different Grocery store than usual recently (they had Breyer's 2 for 1!!). That night daddy asked Weston what we did that day and Weston kept saying "Lion Food" (?!?!) Finally, I figured it out, the name of the grocery store was Food Lion!


This is something that Weston has done for a while but he has done it a lot more lately- walking backwards. I don't know what the obsession is, but we have started calling him "Mator" when he does. "Don't gotta know where I'm going, just gotta know where I've been".


The other day Weston wanted to swing, but he was standing on the wrong side facing the fence. Mike just picked him up and put him on backwards, but Weston started fussing about it. When Mike asked him what was wrong Weston said "UPSIDE DOWN!!!".


This morning while I was getting dressed Weston walked into my closet, examined all my clothes and then yanked a dress off its hanger. He handed it up to me and said “THIS ONE”.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well at least he looks pleased with his scraped knee. It makes him look tough to the little ladies. lol.

Loved all of the stories! I worked at Foodlion in Highschool I called it Food Dog.

Did you wear the lovely dress that Weston picked for you :)

P.S. I am coming Friday, Hurrah!

Jessica said...

Boys are so fun!

Beattie Family said...

I'm still not ready for my cuddly 6 month old to become a boy! But I am sooooooooooo excited that you put your stromboli recipe on here! I'm going to make it for dinner tomorrow night- did I mention that we do have your chicken pot pie recipe at least once a month. You are my Betty Crocker. love ya!

Afton said...

Hey, you're in the third trimester already! Wahoo! Weston is so dang cute. I love all the new things he's saying and doing. :)