Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby's Room Updates

I have been having a blast lately updating the baby's room. Can I tell you how much I love Craigslist.org? I bought an old dresser for $35, sanded it down and painted it. I also found a king size bed set on the 75% off rack at Target. The set itself was kinda dull, but I loved the colors and figured if I chopped it up, I could turn it into a pretty cute room.
The before picture showes the ugly dresser and wall color. The room needed to be painted, it was a brownish/pink color. We painted it a lighter neutral color that matches the bedroom set.



This is the 'before' shot of the bedroom set.








Next, I'll get around to the crib bumpers, bed skirt, and a blankey.




I also got a shelf off of Craigslist recently. Weston needed a
new place to put all his books. I got it for $10 and then painted it white. :)

4 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

WOW! I am super impressed with your curtains, I love them! I am amazed that you turned them into that out of a bed set, they look awesome! Nice work! Can't wait to see the rest :-)

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

I have to say it again...

You are so domestic! I am so impressed.

Unknown said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Very Cool Robin. I love it all. I want a cool $10 bookshelf to paint too!! Craig's list here I come :)

Jessica said...

I love what you did with everything! You have inspired me to do my own refinishing of furniture!