Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Time Updates

I got this recipe off another friend's blog a while back and it is fantastic *smooches to Heather*

Fluffy Sugar Cookies

1 cup white sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup oil
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat together with mixer. Add:

1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups flour

Dough is very soft.  Roll in balls.  Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.  
Note: This recipe makes 60 cookies.  I always cut it in half.

This was the extent of my Easter baking.  

In other news, Mike built me a garden box in the back yard.  I told Mike my ideas of where and how I wanted without thinking about the cost factor.  I underestimated how much dirt it was going to take to fill my new box!  Oh well. It looks great and I am super excited to transplant my veggies into the box today. 
Those are roses across the back fence and eventually we will add stepping stones to separate the veggies from the roses.  





We also spotted this in the yard: our baby apple tree sprouted some pretty apple blossoms. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAY!! Hooray for fluffy sugar cookies and smooches :D I Love the apple blossoms, how fun will that be when you get to eat your own apples?! I might have to copy you and plant one of my own!

Chris said...

I LOVE the garden box. Mike's a good guy. :)

And what fun Easter and Spring pics! They're lovely!!