Monday, April 13, 2009

The Gusher



I always knew this day would come.  The time that Weston would fall and hit his head so bad that I couldn't fix it with snuggles and kisses. 
I'd like to blame my pregnancy for how poorly I handled myself. I suppose I did okay during the storm- getting the geyser of blood from between his eyes to stop.  The melt down came afterwards when I didn't know what do about it.  He needed stitches, but an ER visit would have cost us thousands of dollars.  Luckily, we know a few nurses that were willing to clean and tape him up to get him through the night.  Then this morning I took him over to urgent care where they glued him back together.  

5 comments:

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

I am so sorry about that entire incident. It must have been miserable. My baby brother was prone to cutting his head open twice a year. And head wounds just bleed so much more than any other wound. I remember so many times where I would hold him as he spurted blood all over me until we found Mom to help him. So, that has to be so much worse when it is your baby. And I can't imagine being pregnant on top of it. I am glad he is all glued up now and that you didn't have to pay for the miserable ER.

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Owww...

What did he hit? Sorry, Weston!

The Wimpy Mother said...

He ran full speed into the end table.

Unknown said...

Poor Weston and Mommy! That first picture makes my heart hurt. He looks really calm in the pictures though. I had my knee and tummy glued from my two lovely surgeries this year and I have to say that the glue definitely makes for less scarring. Hope everyone is feeling better!! Just for this you deserve to go see a fun play tomorrow :D

The Clews Crew said...

Poor guy. Why do head wounds have to bleed so much? And why do boys have to run so fast? Hope it's all vetter very soon.