Monday, April 20, 2009

Stone Mountain

We took a weekend trip to Atlanta.  Weston tolerated the 6 hour drive very well.  While there we visited Stone Mountain.  I haven't been there in 20 years or so and I thought Mike and Weston would love it.  It was a perfect day- great weather and not crowded. 



I was surprised to see how many people (from the West) have never heard of Stone mountain! So I added the link so you can find out more. 

We took a train around the park.  Weston loved it.  I have a picture of him excited to be on the train and then another picture of him after the train got started and he realized how loud it was!  But you can see him holding on to daddy, which always makes everything okay.  


I added a picture of the family by the train. (Pictures of myself are few and far between- 9 weeks until baby)



We took the cable car to the top of the mountain.  Here are pictures of the cars from the ground and a picture of the mountain from the cable car.  



Once at the top, we hiked down.  People kept giving me funny looks as they hiked up when they saw my pregnant belly.  

The top of the mountain was fun.  Weston loved exploring. I got lots of fun pictures from the top. 

Another attraction was this little farm.  Again you can see Weston is unsure of the goat, but he has got ahold of daddy's finger, so it's okay.  I love the look on his face as he stares down at a pig. 



We were able to go home after the farm and put Weston (and ourselves) down for a nap.  Then we headed back to the park with some KFC and camping chairs to watch the laser show.  Unfortunately, the battery in the camera died right after that last shot of Weston checking out the pig, so I couldn't get a picture of the laser show. I downloaded this one from the internet.  Isn't it cool?!?!  I was afraid Weston would be afraid of the loud noises and the fireworks, but he stayed snuggled on daddy's lap and loved the show.  

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Stone what? Never heard of it! But very very cool!

Jen Thomas said...

WE love Stone Mountain! Haven't been there in a while- time to go before it gets too hot! The laser show is the best! Glad Weston enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

Wowee, we haven't been with the kids yet, we'll be sure to add it to our list! fun fun fun!

Tisha said...

I just heard about stone mountain- so fun you guys went! it looks awesome!

Afton said...

Wow, what an awesome mountain! That show looks pretty cool :) I can't believe you're so close already to having your baby! I can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck!